Silica Hotel - Terms & conditions
Safety standards and liability
Blue Lagoon Ltd. is an Icelandic company which runs the Blue Lagoon, the Retreat at Blue Lagoon Iceland and Silica Hotel, hereafter together named “Blue Lagoon Iceland”.
Blue Lagoon Ltd. disclaims responsibility for any loss, damage, accidents, sickness, or changes in schedule caused by Force Majeure event, such as but not limited to weather, strikes, natural disasters, or any other irregularity outside the company’s control and for expenses due to any of these reasons. All such losses and expenses are the personal liability of the guest.
We advise all our guests to have valid travel insurance. This insurance should be obtainable in your country of residence.
When entering our facilities, guests assume full responsibility for their own safety and the safety of those in their care. Guests’ participation in the activities and use of the facilities is wholly voluntary and optional.
Guests assume all risks associated with activities organized by Blue Lagoon Iceland as well as activities involving third party providers regardless of whether such activities are arranged or booked through the Silica Hotel or Blue Lagoon Iceland.
Blue Lagoon Ltd. cannot be held responsible for delays, cancellations, or accidents arising from tours or transfers booked through a third party.
To ensure your safety and to make your visit as enjoyable as possible, we ask you to pay special attention to the following:
● If you suffer from any medical conditions, please make sure to get prior medical consultation and permission from your doctor before entering our facilities. Likewise, if you cannot swim, it is critical that you inform our staff. The deepest part of the lagoon is about 150 cm. Due to its high mineral content, the lagoon water is cloudy and not transparent.
● Guests must wash without a swimsuit before entering the spa areas. The shower gel available in each shower is specially designed to prepare your skin for the experience.
● Diving is prohibited. The lagoon is too shallow.
● It is recommended that guests take regular breaks (15-minute intervals) from the lagoons, saunas, and steam rooms. Drink plenty of water to keep hydrated.
● Please be aware that floors and walkways may be slippery and/or wet. Exercise caution when walking in wet areas and on stairs. Do not run. Hold on to handrails where available. Please help us keep areas dry where applicable.
● No glass is allowed in spa areas or in the lagoons. This is to prevent injuries due to broken glass.
● Blue Lagoon Ltd. is not responsible for valuables. Guests are solely responsible for their own belongings.
● For safety reasons, we reserve the right to refuse/withdraw access to anyone who arrives intoxicated or wants to enter/remain in spa areas while intoxicated. The determination of whether an individual is intoxicated is solely at our discretion.
● The lagoon in front of the hotel rooms is not for bathing unless specified.
● Please use designated walking paths. We respect Blue Lagoon’s unique nature and ask you to do the same by not stepping into the lava fields or on the moss.
● Always comply with instructions from our staff. Lack of compliance or inappropriate behavior can result in immediate expulsion from our facilities.
Your safety is our highest priority. Lifeguards watch over common spa areas during all opening hours. Staff regularly attend first aid and emergency response training.
Travelling with children
Children under 2 years of age are not allowed in the lagoons due to their sensitivity to the high mineral content of the water.
Children under the age of 12 years must be accompanied by an adult guardian at all times during their visit. The deepest parts of the lagoons are about 150 cm. The lagoon water is cloudy and not transparent. Guardians shall therefore show special caution when supervising children.
The minimum age for the spa areas and the Retreat Lagoon is 12 years. Teenagers from 12-18 years old need to be accompanied by an adult. Minimum age for the Blue Lagoon is 2 years.
Children 2-8 years of age must wear inflatable armbands (floaties). This is to increase their visibility in the lagoons. Floaties are readily available – free of charge – at the lagoons. Note: The floaties are not considered a life-saving device and therefore do not replace continuous adult supervision of children.
Silica Hotel is non-smoking in all rooms, including terraces. However, there is a smoking area outside the hotel’s main entrance. As you exit the building, it will be on your left.
If smoking occurs in a guest’s room or on a guest’s terrace, the guest will be assessed a charge of one room night.
Bookings and cancellations
● All taxes and service charges.
● Complimentary breakfast.
● Complimentary entrance to Silica Lagoon.
● Complimentary Wi-Fi.
● Complimentary access to gym facilities.
● Every guest receives one complimentary Premium admission to the Blue Lagoon, valid during their stay.
● Check-in time is from 15:00 and check-out time is until 11:00.
● Early check-in and late checkout are subject to availability at a charge.
● Early check-in before 9:00 requires that the room is booked for the night before arrival.
● Early departures are non-refundable.
● The hotel is a non-smoking establishment. If smoking occurs in a guest’s room or on a guest’s balcony, the guest will be assessed a charge of one night.
● Your credit card will be charged 7 days prior to your arrival. Bookings made within 7 days of check-in are non-refundable.
If you have booked 4 rooms or more, group conditions apply.
Cancellation and booking modifications
All cancellations or changes should be in writing to email@example.com.
FOR RESERVATIONS OF 1-3 ROOMS
You may cancel or modify your booking up to 7 days prior to arrival without penalty. Cancellations or changes received within 7 days of check-in are non refundable. The same applies to no- show. No-shows will be charged to the client or credit card guaranteeing the reservation
For reservations of 4 rooms or more, group conditions apply. Please contact our sales department for more details.
Blue Lagoon Ltd. reserves the right to cancel all bookings and reservations, when unable to provide the company’s services due to Force majeure event, such as but not limited to weather, strikes, natural disasters, or any other irregularity outside the company’s control. In such an event, no compensation or refund is payable.
Photographs, films and social content
Photographs, films or social content taken at Blue Lagoon, the Retreat, Silica Hotel, or other Blue Lagoon facilities cannot be used for any commercial purposes without prior written consent from Blue Lagoon Ltd. For further information, please see ourphotograph/film release conditions on our website. We reserve the right to seek compensation for any use which is contrary to our conditions.
Rates and payment terms
Blue Lagoon Ltd. reserves the right to change its rates in case of economic changes, including, but not limited to, currency fluctuations, inflations, increased cost of supplies, tax changes and other events outside the company’s control. In case of VAT or other tax changes, the client contract prices will change accordingly. Price change affected by tax changes will apply to all reservations, although reservation has been confirmed on previous prices or payment has already been made. Above rates are valid for the above dates and inclusive of VAT. They are subject to any official tax changes.
You agree that any claim, action or lawsuit arising out of these terms and conditions and/or the services/products purchased, shall be interpreted and governed in conformity with Icelandic law. For any legal dispute which may arise, both parties submit to the exclusive jurisdiction and competence of the Judges and Courts of the town of Reykjanesbær, Iceland.
You acknowledge that these terms and conditions can be changed and/or updated without notice.
Blue Lagoon Ltd. – 240 Grindavík – Iceland
ID: 490792 2369 – Bank: 0542 26 011105 – VAT: 40683 –
SWIFT: GLITISRE – IBAN: IS89 0542 3871 0352 4907 9223 69