Psoriasis Treatments at Blue Lagoon
The first class facilities, welcoming team and beautiful natural surroundings make Blue Lagoon a wonderful environment for healing and relaxation.
The psoriasis treatments are based on the beneficial effects of mineral-rich geothermal seawater and it produces amazing results for patients. Deeply relaxing bathing, in a private lagoon at Silica Hotel, is supported by UV light therapy and specially developed skincare products.
Two treatments are available; Introduction treatment and Out-patient treatment. More detailed information about each treatment is available below.
How to book?
For information about availability, please contact us:
- Email: email@example.com
- Tel: +354-420-8952
The introduction treatment involves:
- An appointment with a nurse who explains the treatment process and shows you the facilities.
- Access to the Blue Lagoon Clinic's private lagoon, reserved exclusively for treatment guests.
- Use of Blue Lagoon skincare products, originally developed for psoriasis patients.
Referral from a dermatologist is not needed for the introduction treatment. Please note that treatments are not available on Sundays.
ISK 25.000 per person
The introduction treatment is available for guests staying at Silica hotel as well as out-patients. If you are interested in staying at the Silica Hotel, you can read more about facilities and prices.
The outpatient intensive treatment is recommended for at least a period of 5 days. The treatment is available as a half-day program.
Please note: Referral from a dermatologist is needed for the out-patient treatments.
Half day treatment (9:00-12.00)
This half day intensive psoriasis treatment includes:
- Bathing in geothermal seawater (9:00-10:00)
- UVB light therapy as recommended by a dermatologist (10:30-11:00)
- Application of Blue Lagoon treatment products and body wrap (11:00-11:45)
- Daily supervision and follow-up provided by nurses
- Towel, bathrobe and slippers provided while at the clinic
Price per day: ISK 25.000